Use our bill calculator and learn how Moulton Niguel maintains the lowest average bill in South Orange County!
Maintaining the Lowest Average Bill in South Orange County
Moulton Niguel Water District continues to deliver the lowest average combined water and wastewater bill in South Orange County. We constantly strive to control costs and make prudent investments to provide the highest level of service and value to our customers.
Effective March 1, 2022, Moulton Niguel’s bills began to reflect updated water, recycled water, and wastewater rates that were approved by our Board of Directors in January 2022.
Key Rate Drivers:
- Wastewater treatment costs have increased significantly
- Higher rates are necessary to fund the facilities to enhance service levels, fund critical capital investments, meet regulatory requirements, and evaluate expansion of reuse programs to increase water supply reliability and reduce discharges of treated wastewater to the ocean.
- Investing in infrastructure
- Over $611 million investment in replacement and reliability over next 10 years
- Imported water costs from Metropolitan Water District are increasing
- Imported costs expected to increase approximately 4-6% annually over next 10 years
Bill Calculator Tool
You can use the bill calculator to see how changes in your water usage may affect your bill. For more information on our water budget based rate structure,
To determine the Evapotranspiration amount for your microzone, refer to your bill statement or go to our water saving tools page and use the Evapotranspiration Map.