Adjustment Request

An adjustment is a one-time adjustment of charges to a bill. Examples of reasons to request an adjustment include repairing a leaking toilet, repairing an irrigation leak, or repairing a crack in your pool. Find out more below.

What's an Adjustment?

Bill Adjustment Request: A request for a one-time adjustment of charges for a bill over allocation due to unintentional water use.

To request a Bill Adjustment, see below.

For more about Adjustments:

Doesn’t sound like what you are looking for? To read about water budget modification requests click here.

One-Time Adjustments:

It is the sole responsibility of the customer to contact the District to request an adjustment of their water bill through the Adjustment Form. Customers must submit the Adjustment Form within 30 days of their high bill to be eligible for a bill adjustment. All approvals are contingent on water consumption coming back down within budget within two billing cycles of the leak repair date. Customers must keep accounts in good standing to avoid incurring any additional fees or charges. It is the responsibility of the customer to contact the Billing Department to make any payment arrangements if payment cannot be made in full at the time payment is due. Any approved adjustment will be issued as a credit on a future water bill.

A customer may request an adjustment of one bill for a single issue.

Examples of reasons to file an Adjustment:

  • Repair of a Leak, documented with a receipt
  • New Landscape Establishment – New California Friendly Landscapes (new plants must be installed between November and April)
  • Courtesy Adjustments – New Customer
  • Irrigation Timer Malfunction (once every three (3) years)
  • Pool Fill (allowed only when the Water Shortage Contingency Plan is not in effect)

Click HERE to Request a Residential Adjustment

Click HERE to Request a Commercial Adjustment