Thank you to our customers and community partners for making 2019 a great year! We enjoyed the many opportunities to interact with our customers this year. Thank you for participating in our programs and events and allowing us to provide the best service possible to you!
We hope you enjoy viewing this video highlighting some of our 2019 achievements and accomplishments. We look forward to another great year ahead providing safe and reliable water to our customers!
Here’s a recap in case you missed something!
A Little Bit About Us:
Moulton Niguel Water District provides high-quality drinking water, recycled water, and wastewater treatment services to 6 cities in South Orange County. Those cities include: Laguna Niguel, Aliso Viejo, Laguna Hills, Mission Viejo, Dana Point, and San Juan Capistrano.
- Customers Served: 172,876
- Customer Accounts: 55,297
- Gallons of Drinking Water Provided to Our Customers: 8,700,000,000
- Miles of Potable Water Pipelines: 656
- Miles of Wastewater Pipelines: 501
- Miles of Recycled Water Pipelines: 142
- 25% of our water demand is met by recycled water!
- Replaced approximately 226 valves to improve the infrastructure that helps deliver water and recycled water service to our customers.
- Conducted more than 12,000 water quality tests to ensure that, when you turn on the tap, your family and ours drink safe, clean drinking water.
Moulton Niguel in the Community:
- More than 500 customers attended our first annual NatureScape Garden Tour to learn how we can grow beautiful and sustainable landscapes with California native plants.
- Our third annual H2O for HOAs provided an educational workshop for 150 HOA board members, property managers, professional landscapers, and community members.
- Offered more than 20 interactive presentations and field trips to 1,637 K-12 students in our local schools.
- Participated in more than 50 community events and presentations.
- Hosted nearly 30 landscape and irrigation workshops, educating more than 700 attendees on sustainable landscapes and efficient irrigation techniques.
Launching New Initiatives:
- Launched a native plant program for our local nurseries, helping to increase the availability of California native plants for your gardens.
- The District is exploring regional water storage opportunities that would provide our residents with access to water during emergencies.
- Created the Future Leaders of Water (FLOW) Initiative and partnered with UC Irvine to develop a diverse generation of future water leaders. More partnerships to come!
Helping Our Customers Save Water & Money:
- Provided our school districts with 697 high-efficiency, water-saving devices, helping to save 5,784,044 gallons of water a year.
- Partnered with SoCalGas to offer water and energy efficiency incentives to low-income families in the District’s service area.
- Partnered with SDG&E to provide water and energy-saving devices to commercial kitchens in the District’s service area.
- Our rebate programs save customers more than 35 million gallons of water every year!
- Received a $1.5 million federal grant for our advanced meter infrastructure program, totaling $2.1 million for our smart meter technology program. This project will allow all customers to monitor their hourly water usage!
Our Awards & Achievements:
- Honored for excellence in financial reporting for the District’s Comprehensive Annual Financial Report.
- Honored for budget transparency and financial accountability for District’s Fiscal Year 18-19 Budget.
- Received AAA credit rating, the highest credit rating, from two of the world’s top rating agencies, allowing the District to keep our rates low and invest in the infrastructure that delivers reliable drinking water to our customers’ homes and businesses.
- Recognized as a Top Workplace by the OC Register for the third year in a row.
- Named Large Business of the Year by the Mission Viejo Chamber of Commerce.
- Recognized as having quality Information Technology practices by the Municipal Information Systems Association of California.
- Awarded a Technology Innovation award for delivering enhanced service to our customers with our customer portal, MyWater MNWD.